Yoguruthing's Link & Rink

Yesterday, I went ice-skating with Yoguruthing again. This time though, Yoguruthing's god-sister Si Si (SiSi) was there too. She's 19, shorter than me, cute and very close to Yoguruthing (Too bad I don't have a camera). In fact, if Yoguruthing did not say that SiSi was his god-sister, everyone (including me) would see them as a couple (The actual situation might be different. I didn't ask too much about it).

Anyway, I have improved my ice-skating skills, and can now speed around a little (though I can't slide at a slow speed. A bit like riding a bicycle - Real pros can ride at a speed slower than walking). However, to get to this level, I fell quite a few more times. The falls that I suffered this time round are more serious. Let's recall some of them.

- During the 1st fall I landed on both of my hands. This fall started the chain of injury later on.
- I fell and landed on my left hand again. Pain, but still ok.
- Got one Caucasian woman grabbed my waist as she thought I was going to fall. I was pretty stunned and landed hard. Though I don't recall landing on any particular part except my butt, my left wrist felt some "real" pain. Apparently I've twisted my wrist, as there wasn't any swelling.
- Felling and landed on my left hand, again. Felt some "real" pain, again. I think I might have also busted a few blood vessels in my palm. There's now an area of regularly arranged red spots on my palm, and they are not disappearing any time soon.
Also, during this fall, I landed hard on the inner side of my knees, and there's now a patch of bruise on both my knees (Notice I said a patch, not a spot).

Despite all these falls, I still think ice-skating is really fun. This is especially true after seeing the regulars of the rink speeding around again. Also, there was a few really pro people today. The pro females seemed to be flying around the rink, while the pro males are spinning and speeding like no tomorrow. All these sights really inspired me to reach at least Yoguruthing's level.

Oh yeah, about SiSi. Apparently she started to skate like a year ago. It SEEMS like her level is below mine, but she doesn't fall down nearly as often as me. During our 6? hours together, she fell only once. She doesn't seem to dare challenge a higher speed, however her movements are really fluid and natural. I think if she can get past her mental speed limit, she can start to fly and flutter like those pro females in no time.

After a 6-7 hour ice-skating session, we 3 went straight to K-Box to sing for another 5 hours, until 3am (I forgot who pitched this crazy idea after we left the rink). I've never sung this many songs in front of another person before. After all, this is my 2nd time singing karaoke. SiSi has a really nice voice, and great singing skills. At 3am, we took a taxi to Yoguruthing's house at Bukit Batok West to rest, then SiSi and me left at around 11pm. I went home, while SiSi was meeting her friends for another round of karaoke! Powerful!

Notes:
- Right now, my left hand is still painful if I twist or exert it too much. Oh well, time to train my "one arm" pull-up.
- The "resurfacing" machine in the rink seemed to be powered by natural gas. When it is operating, the funny smell of the machine's exhaust can be detected across the rink.
- When the resurfacing at 4pm was finished, I stepped out onto the rink and immediately fell. The resurfaced ice was so smooth that you can see the reflection of the lights above. How does it work? Check out this article.
- I didn't eat dinner, so I bought duck rice at a Teochew restaurant very close to Yoguruthing's house. In fact, Yoguruthing's house is one of the closest house to the restaurant. The fact that I can buy duck rice at 4am means that the restaurant is doing VERY well. They give out pretty big servings too. However, I like my duck rice's rice to be a bit more salty.
- Yoguruthing lives in a BIG 4 room flat on the first floor. It is big because it is old, a 20+ years flat. Also, they don't have as much stuff to clutter up the house, unlike mine, which is filled with my parent's junk.
- I like girls that are short, somewhat cute and have a nice voice. I wonder why I am typing this...
- Do I stand a chance with SiSi? That depends on whether I will meet her again, as I didn't ask for her number. Why I am typing this? Hmmm... I hope Yoguruthing doesn't see this remark.

No comments: