Glide on Solid

Today, I went ice-skating with Yoguruthing (Waseh NEW! ah). I've got no gloves and socks, so he brought extra (Thanks). We met up at 1pm in Jurong East MRT Station. After that, we had lunch at Jurong Entertainment Centre.

After lunch, he took me up to the rink. It is at the 3rd floor of Jurong Entertainment Centre (Wah! Why Toa Payoh Entertainment Centre no such facilities? Why???). We paid and went in ($17.30/2hrs for me, $11.XX/unlimited for Yoguruthing as he is holding a student pass. I should have made one too). We got our shoes and geared up to go (to where? Write until like very pro like that...). We started at 2pm.

On the ice, I am like a 1 year old baby; keep stumbling. I watched how other people skate, Yoguruthing gave me some tips, and I tried my best. For now, I still can't skate smoothly, but I can somewhat move on the ice without falling every minute (Note! Falling, not stumbling). My skating skills isn't really interesting to write about for now, so I will talk about the place.

- The place actually looks kind of old. However, I guess all public places that deal with lots of water (e.g. swimming complex, skating rink), and cannot hire people to clean every inch of the place everyday, have that kind of aura.
- There were not many people skating, and a small class was in session. However, The seats outside the rink were constantly refilled with people looking at the skaters/ resting (Free aircon/ show?).
- It seemed like a nice place to go for group outing/ date/ wedding proposal/ stress and boredom relief. I wonder why some of Yoguruthing's friends would dislike ice-skating (Price? I would agree it is quite an expensive activity. I wonder what my other friends think. Must ask!).
- Apparently, most of the people visiting the rink today are regulars according to Yoguruthing. He is one of them too.
- Singapore Sports School booked the whole place for their students to play around, so we left at 4pm.

After ice-skating, we went to play some pool at the nearby shop. Yoguruthing treated me to it as he thought it was quite expensive for me to skate (Thanks). This is my second time playing pool (though the first time I played, it wasn't really a "real" session, so NEW!). We played 4 games (I lost all, naturally), then we set off for home at around 5.30pm.

Notes:
- Naturally, I fell quite a lot of times while on the ice. I remember 2 of the falls. One of them was when I fell and landed looking like the Sleeping Buddha. The other was when I fell and sat on my hands. That was also the most painful fall.
- My ankles keep bending sideways. It is like I can't stand on the blades like I should be doing. Of course, bending your ankles sideways is painful, and it slows down my learning. Also, my left leg is as lazy as a log. When it is not lazy, my right leg starts to slack...
- There was a few cute girls on the rink.
- I really should ask my friends about their opinion on ice-skating as an outing.
- There is a huge difference between playing pool, and watching people play pool/ play computer pool.
- The pool table is a really great invention. Doesn't use electricity, and provide as much fun as computer games (for me, for now). Group activity. Also train your analytic skills. I will definitely put a pool table in my house.

No comments: