This morning, I went for a "Simulation Test" at Singapore Civil Defence Force Headquarters (SCDF HQ). It is like a selection test, but instead of asking you things or answering questions, they make you role play as a Fire & Rescue Specialist (FRS) (Fireman) (Fire-fighter).
You are then put into 3 different scenarios and you must react accordingly to the situation. An assessor is in the background, looking at how you interact with their role-players. I played a FRS with a superior and 3 subordinates, and I had to deal with these...
- Feedback session with superior
- Colleague who accidentally caused a man's death and is depressed
- 2 subordinates who are not interested in the particular task they are given
It was a unique experience as I haven't dealt with several of these situations before. Now I know how I will react to these kinds of situations.
Notes:
- The SCDF HQ is located in an Industrial Estate. Pretty strange if you ask me.
- The SCDF HQ is very tall compared to the buildings around the area. It also look more modern.
- They are building a Circle Line MRT Station near it. The station is called "Tai Seng". I wonder what kind of person "Tai Seng" was to have a road named after him.
- They keep your IC in exchange for a pass to let you walk inside the compound. Remind me of the LAN shops I used to go last time where you exchange your identification for a keyring.
- There were 5 other contestants in my round of Simulation. 3 Malay, 1 Chinese & 1 Indian?
- If I pass this "Simulation", then I will be called for an interview. After I clear the interview, THEN I can become a FRS.
No comments:
Post a Comment