Asking for the Moon

I am so disappointed with myself.

Today I went for the interview for the Fire & Rescue Specialist (FRS) job I was applying for. The 1st thing I'll did there was to try a "Real Job Preview". I'll need to go through a series of physical tests to assess whether I am suitable for the job. I gave up after the 1st test.

I am supposed to run around the block while in "almost full" fire-fighting gear. That mean the heavy clothing, helmet, boots, gloves and something that looks like an air tank. That air tank alone weighs 15kg. After I ran around with it, I feel like I've just completed a 2.4km run. The actual distance I ran was like only 400m. Totally cannot catch my breath. Sian, I should have researched what they need to wear. The tank is about 30% of my weight. Therefore, I dropped out of the competition.

Time to reconsider my options and my path ahead.

Notes:
- For more embarrassing details, ask me. I'll tell you, albeit in a depressing tone.

No comments: