Hidden Room

On Sunday, I attended Law's "surprise" birthday party (Attending a surprise party is NEW! for me). It is held at a cafe called "(insert name when I find out what it is)" at AMK Hub. I didn't know when and where it was held until Bing called me at 2.57pm to ask if I am there already. Apparently they were supposed to meet at AMK Hub at 3pm, but nobody informed me : ) I just quickly took the MRT and arrived as soon as possible.

Anyway, the cafe is quite unique, as it seemed small at first. I didn't understand why Bing asked me to go in when they didn't seem to be in there. When I went in, I felt quite stupid until I thought I heard someone calling me. Turns out there was a hidden room behind a wall, and the room is actually pretty big. Almost the size of the cafe outside. There's also a screen, a projector and a sound system. How much to book the room? I have no idea.

Inside, there were various groups of Law's friends.

- Secondary School Friends which consisted of Bing, An, Kok and me.
- Army Friends. Quite a few of them.
- Rachel's Group which is made up of Mei Ping and Shi Hui.
- 2 other friend, which I recognise as those who worked at Morris with Law (and me for 2 weeks). I still remember their names, Shi Yun and Kenneth. They don't seem to remember me. I am pretty forgettable, it seems.

When Law was finally brought into the room by Rachel, he didn't seem as surprised we thought he'll be. Apparently he saw me as he was waiting for Rachel, so he got suspicious? I dunno. Anyway, they got a mango cake for him, and we proceeded with the celebrations. I ate a piece of the cake. Personally, I am not supposed to eat mango as I will get "heaty" and fall sick almost immediately. I also don't really like mango or cake. (Notice I said "don't really like", not hate. I am still ok with them if I can't avoid eating them)

After that they/ we played some games. Time passes very quickly when you are not aware of it, so suddenly, it was 8pm. Strangely, the cafe workers didn't try to chase us away when the time limit was up at 8pm. We left on our own to walk around a bit in AMK Hub, then I went home in Bing's van.

Notes:
- One of the cafe workers is a cute girl. One of the "forfeits" in a game they played was to give a piece of cake to that cute girl. Sadly, the guy who got the "forfeit" wasted the chance by admitting it was a dare.
- Of course, the girl is smart enough to guess it 1st, then the guy admitted. Haiz, he should have used the question to start a conversation. However, if I got the "forfeit", I might not have the balls to do this. I really don't know.
- They had other food for the party. It tasted ok, maybe even good for me, but it seems "not that ok" for the others.
- I hadn't seen Kok for quite a while. It's nice to meet him again.
- Nobody hit Law (except for Mei Ping and Rachel), however he was tickled for 30 seconds. I think that is even worse than getting mobbed, unless you're getting pummelled by the 100+ guys in the whole Sec 4 cohort. Remember Gao Rui?
- Law and Rachel used about $30 to "buy" a soft toy (plus a whole bag of sweets) after the party at some sort of arcade machine. The price might be worth the toy, but it took more than half an hour, and you have a whole bag of unhealthy sweets! Entertainment certainly comes at a price, or just takes time : )

No comments: