Last night, I went to the 2nd Class Reunion of 6C'1999. It was quite a crazy night. (I've done quite a few new things that night.)
Dinner was at Sofra Turkish Cafe & Restaurant @ Shaw Towers. (Woo Turkish cuisine. New!) As I was walking to Shaw Towers from Bugis, I met Yun Sheng & Wei Xin at a pedestrian crossing. Therefore I went into Shaw Towers with them.
I think there are 2 reasons why Shaw Towers doesn't have a big crowd even on weekends. Firstly, Shaw Towers is right in between Suntec City & Bugis Junction. Therefore the crowd are absorbed by both of them. Secondly, there is only 1 escalator in the ENTIRE first floor. We spent around 5 minutes looking for it... Anyway, once the escalator is found, we went up and met up with Wanrong, Sarah, Yong Cheng & Zi Xuan. After a while Wei Ri, Edmund, Hui Min and Hui Chiang arrived, and we went in. The restaurant is pretty, though I don't know how a Turkish place would look like.
Clara, Yu Xin and Si Jie arrived soon after. I ordered a Chef Plate and a Turkish Tea. According to the menu, it says "A combination plate consists of Doner kebap, Izgara Kofte & a skewer of Shish kebap" (Link). I don't know what's that, but the picture looks normal. The waiter said its a chicken, beef and mutton dish. (Lamb! Never eat before! New!)
The dish arrived! I can distinguish beef from the rest, but I don't know if I am eating chicken or mutton. Is mutton supposed to have a strong taste? I can't taste it. The Turkish Tea isn't as special, though. Of course, while eating, I listened to the chatter the others are making.
After eating like for an hour plus, we paid up. There was quite a confusion as we don't know what some dishes with Turkish names are called, so some don't know how much they need to pay. There's also tax to consider. Yu Xin even lost a few dollars from her $50 note. Amid this confusion, Magdalene arrived. We left after the missing dollars problem was solved.
We walked back to Bugis MRT where Clara left. Then we walked to a bus stop to take a bus (12?) to Clarke Quay (Never been before. New!). Walked along the river banks for a while before we picked a place to chill.
We went to a place called Brewerkz @ Riverside Point for beer (Never had beer before! New!). It look more like a big restaurant. Anyway we ordered a tower of Golden Ale. We just talked and laughed while relaxing there. I think the increased chatter is also due to the presence of that golden liquid.
After some time, we split into 2 groups to catch the last bus/ train home. Didn't know you can walk to a Bus 57 bus stop from Clarke Quay. Just follow the river. Tired, but happy.
Notes:
- Zi Xuan - Came to DMD with me.
- Wei Ri - Came to Zhonghua with me.
- Si Jie - A tiny girl. Sat behind me once in primary school.
- So many firsts that night. That is why I like to go out in a big group. More chances of trying something new.
- After tasting beer, I think the only way I'd like drink beer is to down it quickly. Don't like the taste, but like the feeling.
- I should find out how to differentiate between Magdalene & Ying Hui. Didn't know who didn't come last night till I asked Yun Sheng just now.
- I'll link up the post for the last gathering, so that it'll become a series. For the 1st gathering, here is the link
No comments:
Post a Comment