Today I was feeling bored as Yoguruthing didn't arrange a skating trip. Therefore, I headed to Jurong's rink on my own. When I reached there at 4.30pm, it was so crowded they put up a sign saying that size 7, 7.5 and 8 skates were unavailable. I thought I had no skates to play with, so I went back out to Jurong East Bus Interchange.
There, I saw a Bus 143 that can take me home (and I've never boarded it despite it terminating at Toa Payoh Bus Interchange for as long as I can remember), so I hopped on. It looped around an old estate, passing by Haw Par Villa (I must go there soon, it's free admission, and I think it might not be around for much longer), and reached Harbourfront.
As it is nearing Harbourfront, I saw a few "Mt Faber" signs. I thought "since going home is like, wasting time and money, why not go up Mt Faber? I've never been up Mt Faber before". Therefore, I alighted at Harbourfront and went up Mt Faber (NEW!).
I back-tracked some distance to where I 1st saw a sign, and went up through a windy road. Eventually, I reached Mt Faber Park. Following the big park map, I made my way up to the summit. The view along the way was splendid. On top, while I was exploring the various murals, Yoguruthing called me saying he was skating (Wah! I thought no shoes). I thought it would be a waste if I brought along gloves and socks but didn't even skate (I am also going into army really soon), so I said I would join him.
I then made my way down Mt Faber at a really fast pace (for slippers). I hiked through the "Marang Trail", which was a direct way down from Mt Faber (the raod I went up was the long way) and ended up right at an entrance of Harbourfront MRT Station... Anyway I took the MRT and met up with Yoguruthing at Jurong. It's 7.30pm when I reached Jurong East, and I skated all the way until closing time at 10pm. After that, I went home.
Notes:
- I should visit Haw Par Villa someday.
- I should go up Mt Faber again. There are some parts that I haven't explored, like the cable car station.
- The view at Mt Faber is good, go and see it yourself.
- I should have gone into the rink 1st, as Yoguruthing said there wasn't any sign when he entered at 5pm.
- I used almost $6 to travel around...
- For all you guys that are wondering, SiSi didn't come today. A pity.
No comments:
Post a Comment