I went to Sentosa today for a "field trip". There was our 2 staff members, my DMD and DET people. We went there to "do our research" for the Second Life project. We went to enjoy almost all the attractions on the island, for FREE. O Yes, for FREE. Envy me!
Vivo City
- I haven't been there before. Passed through it in the morning, too sleepy to look around. Passed through it in the night, too tired to explore.
- Took the NEW Sentosa Express (although it was opened, like, a few months ago) to the island.
Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom, $10
- We alighted at the strangely named "Imbiah Station" and went to the park.
- Afraid of butterflies and moths, but went in anyway.
- Gained lots of knowledge about insects. They have lots of specimens.
- Our tour guide too scared to go in.
Sentosa 4D Magix, $16
- The movie's storyline is quite cliché.
- All of the things in the movie are designed to showcase what the theatre can do. As Kenny said, the movie is like a demo reel of the theatre.
- Its quite shocking sometimes when jets of air shoot you at close range.
- If you need spectacles, you may not enjoy the whole thing as much.
Sentosa CineBlast, $16
- Next to the exit of 4D Magix only.
- The story is quite meaningful. It is campaigning against logging
- You are riding in a simulated log flume.
- It was really song. Though you cannot feel the speed, you can feel the sloping.
Carlsberg Sky Tower, $12
- Isn't it $10 the last time I went to Sentosa? I dunno.
- I always wanted to go up the moment it was opened. So fun.
- You can see quite far. However, there was some kind of mist covering the farther parts, like not enough draw distance like that.
- Just relax on the top. No fear of the car dropping down like Roller Coaster Tycoon.
Sentosa Luge & Skyride, $9 a round
- It's cheaper if you buy more rounds at once. I feel that its quite worth it.
- You ride a Go-Kart like thing down. Pull the handle to release the brakes. Pull it all the way towards you to engage the brakes.
- I am not used to such funky brakes, so I drove downhill with like 1/5 brake engaged half the time.
- It's like Initial D, racing downhill. I even cut some tight corners just like the movie.
- I heard that the tour guide is really pro at this. Zoom and disappeared.
- At the bottom of the hill, We proceeded to the chairlift to get us back up on the hill.
- It was really scenic. With your legs hanging around, it was exciting in a slow kind of way.
- I was afraid of dropping my slippers though.
Images of Singapore, $10
- It was really interesting. There was all sorts of stuff I've seen in TV. However it was REAL.
- There's plenty of interesting things to look at and read. Too bad I can't finish absorbing before they hurried me out.
Subway, Food not FREE
- The sub itself is not that expensive. However the DRINKS are OVERPRICED! $2+ for a bottle of green tea.
- Just sit and talk and eat.
The Merlion, $8
- I didn't know you can go INTO the merlion.
- I didn't know you can go UP the merlion.
- They gave you a coin to play with a machine that dispenses gift cards. So interesting.
- The view on top of the merlion was almost as nice as the Sky Tower. However the walls are too hot.
- One of the more lonely job in Sentosa is the photographer at the Merlion's mouth. Small and dark, few people come to the mouth.
- I got a merlion figurine from the gift card.
Fort Siloso Tours, $8
- Took a tram from the "Beach Station".
- Lonely job 2 is the people in Fort Siloso. Very few people visit this historic site.
- There was even more stuff to look at than Images of Singapore. Really a pity that the group only saw a few parts of the whole Fort.
- It should take around 1-2 hours to explore the whole Fort, but we only went to Tunnel A and the Surrender Chambers.
Underwater World, $19.90
- A lot of water!
- There was so many things to look at that I just scan through exhibits. Only when I gave up trying to follow the group that I was able to look at the exhibits more closely.
- I went through 3 rounds of the Underwater Tunnel because it was so fun. So many things to look at. 1 round is definitely not enough.
- Usually sushi comes to you on a conveyor belt. The belt at the tunnel is just a bigger version of that design. Feels like human sushi on the belt for the fishes to eat.
Dolphin Lagoon, $19.90
- Took tram to the Lagoon. Passed by Palawan Beach which I haven't been before.
- So many people. And the sun is like shining right into your eyes. Combined with the reflection of sunlight in the water, you may just go blind. Shouldn't go the 5.30pm show.
- The tour guide left before the show to meet her friends.
- The dolphins are really powerful, both in strength and skills. They are beautiful too.
- Wonder if the dolphins are stressed?
Koufu, Food not FREE, again
- Once you go in, almost all the food are like $5. Normally if a food court on mainland Singapore sells a bowl of noodle for $3.50 you will already be like SIAO!
- Heard lots of cork from the only crazy DET guy.
Songs of the Sea, $6
- There was so many people that long queues formed at the entrances.
- It was one of the the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Go watch it.
Beach Station
- Took the Express back to Vivo and went home by train.
Notes:
- The tour guide is a pretty 20 year old girl. For some reason I dunno her name. Some Wei Chin or something.
- She is doing attachment at Sentosa! She does office work, but likes to become a tour guide to get out of the office.
- If Sentosa want us to maintain SL Sentosa, I don't mind working till NS or after NS. You get to go in Fort Siloso, Merlion and a few other Sentosa owned attractions for free.
- I still haven't rode the Cable Car. Noooooo......
- Its $134.80 if you want to experience the trip I went today, but without a tour guide. Food and other expenses not included.
No comments:
Post a Comment