BBQ Interrupted

On Friday, I went for Law's 22nd B'day chalet. Bing, An, Law, Auntie Karen and I met around noon to buy all the food, then brought it back to Law's house before we took a ride to Downtown East. For the 1st time in my life, I didn't notice the unit no. of the chalet. Well, there was nothing to do, so we mahjong-ed and tai-ti-ed all the way till evening. After that we had dinner and we also loitered around till sleeping time.

Next morning, we went to have breakfast. There was this Cosplay event, and we had breakfast with red-haired people, blond-haired people, and white-haired people. Anyway, while we were looking for lunch, An went to find his new "friend", Law's cousin Seok Xian. After lunch, Bing, Law and I went bowling. 3nd time bowling, and I think I will break my wrist before I break 100 points. But quite fun, you can just sit there and watch too.

The barbecue has started. In addition to the 4 of us, there was Law's mum and dad and aunt and bro and sister-in-law, Seok Xian's group of 4 and Law's 2 army friend. However, the 2 army friends left even before the fire started. Too bad. After the fire was started, we started to cook too. However, before long, the sky started to weep, and our nice fire was drowned in tears. Unfazed, we started another fire with our remaining charcoal. Ironically, the heavens was so depressed that it wept again on our cute fire again, with added intensity. There wasn't any fuel left for us to burn, and so our barbecue was finished with around 2/5 of the food left uncooked. Too bad.

The An's new "friend"'s group stayed around a bit longer than Law's close ones. However, the heavens didn't want them to go home, so it cried for them to stay. We didn't have an umbrella with us, so the group stayed around for another hour or so. It was pretty strange, really. The 4 of us slept after a bit of arcade action.

We checked out the next morning and went home.

No comments: