Recently, my life has been quite structured. Every weekday, I will be at school, studying. During weekends, either I don't go out, or I go "swim" with Law, Bing and An. Not much to write about really.
However, yesterday, I went to play paintball (NEW!). It is located at Turf City (1st time here, NEW!). Team "Near Side" was composed of Ronald, Zhao, Dylan, Xuan Bin, Roy, Jansen and me. Team "Far Side" was made up of Russell, Daniel, Louis, Menon, Menon's bro, Alec and Wai Yiu. The aim was to shoot down 2 targets 1st before bring an ammo box back to your home base.
It was a pretty wet week, and the ground was really muddy. The playing field was also littered with spent paint balls. We had a briefing 1st before the game started. The paintball gun isn't nearly as loud as a rifle, but it is really powerful. It can shoot a paint ball from the playing field to a RC buggy track some 100m away. Therefore, it has safety features that really resembled a real rifle.
After the pretty exciting game, I saw what a paint ball at that kind of speed can do. The skin is literally pushed away from the impact spot, and a unique kind of swelling bruise formed. I was at the "sniper tower", so I didn't get shot. That also meant that it is pretty difficult for me to hit anyone. Man of the match - Zhao, for his heroic attempts at getting the ammo box. He succeeded in getting it once, but got shot in the balls while getting it the second time. Interestingly, a swelling bruise formed on his balls.
I went home afterwards the same way I came, via the shuttle bus from Toa Payoh Bus Interchange.
Notes:
- Incidentally, Zhao also got hit the most times.
- Team "Far Side" won the match.
- Each player paid $50.
- The paint is washable (with water), and edible (like camo cream).
- Turf City has some good looking restaurants.
1 comment:
Hi there,
I am working on a website and would like to quote a portion of your post "Shooting People". Please get back to me via email at fumingchimney@gmail.com.
Regards.
Post a Comment