Yesterday was New Year's Eve. I went out with Joe, Kevin, Kevin's friend & Qing Rui to The Arena. It was one of the things that I would regret doing in 2008.
It was expensive, $38 to go in. Expected, since it was New Year's Eve. It was so crowded I can't avoid contact with other people. Squeezing from the entrance to the stage takes 20mins. Yea dance, yea move, yea touch, yea drink, but I don't really find any purpose in that. No offence to those who club regularly. I enjoyed that, but only when I am in there. When I came out of there at 2.50pm, I really feel like a zombie. A deaf zombie.
The streets was littered with people and rubbish. Lots of people were milling around, setting up camp beside the river etc. I went to a bus-stop outside The Central to try and take NR1, but after 1 hour there was still no buses that I can board. All of them were filled to the brim. I ended up going to the 7-11 in Liang Court to have some instant noodles... Only managed to take the bus at 4.50pm. Imagine that!
Notes:
- The Arena was really, really packed. I tried, but I couldn't avoid contact with every body-part of the girls in there. Yes EVERY part. In the end I just heck-cared.
- The few of us actually sat down at UE square to drink 1st before going in. That place was really relaxing.
- I can't really hear anything now.
- I don't think I'll go club anytime soon. But it will depend on the person asking me to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment